Friday, July 21, 2017

Shanti Center Grand Opening Hunt

Hiya everyone! If I may get serious for a moment, tonight's hunt is celebrating the opening of a much needed resource in SL, the Shanti Center for Women, which is to assist women and teen girls, and help us help each other. In addition to helping new residents find their way through SL, it is a safe space if you need to talk, and you can make an appointment to discuss things with the designer behind Shanti Bohemian, Arielle Simondsen, who is a RL life coach. The hunt involves finding 10 hearts, just click each one and receive a free gift, and there is a notecard with each one to tell you more about the Center. Sometimes we need to support each other, and I admire that she is offering free services for people in need. The center is a lovely place to wander around, very cozy with different rooms on a few levels, both indoors and out. The library caught my attention since I do love to read :) There just might have been a heart hiding in there...you know things can slip behind books, and we need to seek them out. *whistles innocently* I wish the center all the best and hope it makes a difference for those who visit. The gifts themselves are mostly catering to classic avatars rather than mesh bodies, system layers for example, but as you'll see I managed to make a few of the meshes work with my Slink Physique body to varying degrees. Perseverance for the win! It was determination to share the prizes because of the cause behind the hunt. I also have a free gift from LIVIA to tell you about in the last photo description, always exciting.


This outfit can be found in heart #4, and consists of the December Morn Snuggle Sweater and Boho Denim Jeans each in standard mesh sizes, along with mesh December Morn Leg Warmers in a single mesh size. I definitely like the idea of the warm sweater to throw on when a warm day becomes a cooler evening, so you can still enjoy your flattering shorts. The legwarmers remind me of my high school days, a school uniform meant exposed legs in all sorts of weather so there were plenty of these to be seen at every bus stop. 


Prize #5 will give you this lovely Earth Maiden Dress in standard mesh sizes, featuring a richly embroidered green layer over the softer tunic, also with some pretty decoration on bodice and hem. It would look at home at a Ren Faire as well as any casual gathering.


I love creative hemlines, and this gift from heart #6 reminds me of a flower opening or even a waterfall parting around a rock outcropping. It is called Garden Noir Slit Dress and is included in standard mesh sizes, with a beautiful contrast of black and white with flowers to make any Boho heart happy. I envision dressing it up with some jewelry, or keeping it casual with sandals or ankle jewelry.


You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...this is prize #8 and includes the Imagine Long Tunic and the Imagine Pants, each in standard sizes. The lyrics are what is printed on the front, and continue with "I hope some you'll join us, and the world will live as one." That brings a bittersweet smile to my face, as losing John Lennon's artistic vision was such a tragedy, but his music lives on and so do his dreams.


The heart that holds prize #10 contains a terrific outfit with a fun little bonus. The Kita Clingy Dress comes in standard fitmesh sizes, and the Boho Magenta Glitter Wicked Boots (whew, that's a mouthful) come in small, medium, and large sizes for classic avatar feet. I turned off my Slink feet and chose the large, worked out perfectly :) Also included, because we are never too old to hug something cute, is the HuggleBug Plushie Plush Plush Plum who has a built in hold pose seen here. The colors look amazing with the cheery hues of the dress and boots, and I think there is just something endearing about ladybugs. Now for those nails, I promised you the details and here they are! Please visit the SCALA Summer Yin/Yang Event and you will find an exclusive offer for sale from LIVIA as well as these beautiful free nails called Sweet Summer Nails. There are 4 designs (two solid ombres, and a chevron striped version of each) for Slink, Omega, Maitreya, Vista, and Tuty, along with 2 Maitreya/Tuty mixes. That is a terrific gift, and the colors will look great with your favorite summer outfits. Thank you, LIVIA! Their main store link is always in my right side store links, and the link in the credits will whisk you to the SCALA event.

Did you notice my new hair? It is the July VIP group gift from Truth Hair called Tori, and I chose a shade from the Redhead HUD (it is a fatpack, all color HUDs included) and selected the single braid on the right side from the stylist HUD. You can chose the other side, or both sides, and hide or show each wisp separately. I have the right one shown and the left one hidden. The group is not free to join, but as a longtime fan of their hair I felt it was well worth the investment. His stylist HUDs and new textures/colors really kicked that up a notch! *end fangirling here*

It was acupuncture day here, so I am sporting 6 gold studs in my ears (yes, that is part of the treatment and not a fashion statement) that with my luck will probably fall out by tomorrow evening, but they helped last week so I'm hoping for the same this time around. I feel pretty good, and the receptionist surprised me by commenting that I looked like I was feeling much better this week; I was certainly happy to hear that. This was week 9 of treatment, so progress is reassuring. I hope you're all having a wonderful day/evening, magical magpie hugs to each of you!!

Credits:
All Prizes from the Shanti Center Grand Opening Hunt:

Photo 1:
Outfit: Shanti Center Hunt Prize 4 $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Dress: Shanti Center Hunt Prize 5 $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Dress: Shanti Center Hunt Prize 6 $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Outfit: Shanti Center Hunt Prize 8 $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Outfit: Shanti Center Hunt Prize 10 $0L Hunt Prize
Nails: LIVIA::Sweet Summer Nails $0L @ SCALA Summer Yin/Yang Event

Head: [GA.EG] Barbara Bento Mesh Head
Hair: TRUTH HAIR / Tori / Redhead (July group gift)
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - Madelief Sand (Omega head/body)
Eyes: * Inkheart * - Amal Eyes - Wood $0L SLF&O Group Gift
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Slink Physique Mesh Body
Nails: Slink Utilities HUD
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual (UPDATED 3/8/2017 to Dynamic/Bento)
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for blogging our hunt and our center! Very much appreciated! -Arielle

    ReplyDelete